Student Car Insurance
Home from university? We’ve teamed up with Marmalade to offer students affordable short-term car insurance to drive a parent’s or a friend’s car, with no risk to their no claims bonus.
- Available to 18 to 27 year old students with a full licence
- Cover available for 7 to 28 days
- No risk to owner’s no claim bonus
- Instant comprehensive cover
Flexibility for budget conscious student drivers
This insurance has been specifically designed to provide short-term cover for budget-conscious students who don’t need to drive all year round. If you’re home for the holidays or just about to start university, it could give you the flexibility you’re looking for.
What it covers
- Available to students with a .ac.uk student e-mail address, or a copy of the student ‘offer’ letter
- Available to full licence-holders only
- Accident and conviction free
- Vehicle must be owned by parent or friends with primary insurance operative
- For vehicles valued from £1,500 to £25,000
- Available on vehicles up to 7 years old
- Available on vehicles up to car group 26
No risk to parent’s or friend’s no claims bonus
Your student car insurance is fully comprehensive, so in the event of any damage to your parent’s or friend’s car, the claim is made through your policy, not theirs, protecting their no claims bonus. Peace of mind when they can hand the keys over!
Annual policies for student drivers
Are your circumstances a little different? If you’re taking your own car to uni and need an annual policy, our 12-month student car insurance is likely to suit your needs.
Get a quote for an annual policy on your own car at university.