Learner Driver Insurance
Affordable short-term cover for provisional licence holders
We’ve teamed up with Choose Your Insurance to offer temporary learner driver insurance for provisional licence holders, so you can gain driving experience in your own name.
- Comprehensive cover for 17 to 21 year-olds
- Short-term cover from 7 days to 6 months
- Covers your own car or a car owned by a parent or friend
- No risk to parent or friend’s no claims bonus
Learner driver cover is an affordable way to pay for insurance while you’re learning to drive and can be arranged instantly. Simply choose how long you want the policy to last, from as little as 7 days right up to 6 months.
Practice in your own car or a car owned by a family member or friend, with no risk to their NCB
If you’ve already bought your first car, this is a great way to have your own temporary insurance policy while you gain experience between driving lessons.
Your friends and family can also relax if you’re practicing in their car. If there’s an accident while you’re driving, any damage is claimed through your learner driver policy – their no claims bonus won’t be affected.
It doesn’t really get much better than that!
Useful Learner Driver information
There’s a lot to take in when you’re learning to drive, so we’ve put together some useful information for you. Click here for answers to questions like:
- Do learner drivers have to be insured?
- Do you need your own insurance if you're learning to drive with an instructor?
- Insurance for learner drivers in their own car
- Learner driver insurance and private land
- What's the cost of learner driver insurance?
- Temporary and short term learner driver car insurance
- Annual provisional insurance policies
- What happens with my insurance after I pass my driving test?
- Learner drivers with points and convictions
You might also be interested in:
Rules for Supervising Learner Drivers: What are your legal obligations when you supervise a someone who hasn't yet passed their driving test? in their own car or in yours?
Learner Driver Rules: What are the rules about driving, being supervised, your car and the driving test? Read this handy guide.
Pass Plus Driver Training: What is the Pass Plus training course?