Short-Term Learner Driver Insurance
Affordable, temporary insurance when you're learning to drive
Now learner drivers can gain experience with short-term car insurance in their own name, in their own car or a car belonging to a parent or a friend. And if you're driving a parent or friend's car, there's absolutely no risk to their no claims bonus if you have a little bump when you're driving. Now there's an incentive for them to hand over the keys!
Choose Your Insurance offer affordable cover for provisional licence holders aged 17 to 21 years of age. If you're looking to get in some extra driving practice between lessons with your driving instructor, this is the perfect arrangement for you, and it should keep your parents happy,too!
- Comprehensive cover for 17 to 21 year-olds
- Short-term cover from 7 days to 6 months
- Covers your own car or a car owned by a parent or friend
- No risk to parent or friend’s no claims bonus
This great insurance for learner drivers is affordable, flexible, and can be arranged instantly. Simply choose how long you want the policy to last, from as little as 7 days right up to 6 months.
Practice in your own car or a car owned by a family member or friend, with no risk to their NCB
If you’ve already bought your first car, this is a great way to have your own short-term insurance policy while you gain experience between driving lessons.
Your friends and family can also relax if you’re practicing in their car. If there’s an accident while you’re driving, any damage is claimed through your Learner Driver policy – their no claims bonus won’t be affected.
It doesn’t really get much better than that!
Useful Learner Driver information
There’s a lot to take in when you’re learning to drive, so we’ve put together some useful information for you. Click here for answers to questions like:
- Do learner drivers have to be insured?
- Do you need your own insurance if you're learning to drive with an instructor?
- Insurance for learner drivers in their own car
- Learner driver insurance and private land
- What's the cost of learner driver insurance?
- Temporary and short term learner driver car insurance
- Annual provisional insurance policies
- What happens with my insurance after I pass my driving test?
- Learner drivers with points and convictions
You might also be interested in:
Rules for Supervising Learner Drivers: What are your legal obligations when you supervise a someone who hasn't yet passed their driving test? in their own car or in yours?
Learner Driver Rules: What are the rules about driving, being supervised, your car and the driving test? Read this handy guide.
Pass Plus Driver Training: What is the Pass Plus training course?