Sports Car Insurance for Young Drivers
Are you a young driver with a fast car? We're specialists in both, so enquiries for sports and high performance cars aren't a problem, even if you're under 25. We can secure good rates for you.
We specialise in Fast Car Insurance
We're the recognised insurance industry experts for higher risk drivers; we'll search our panel of insurance providers for the best rates, so whether you’re driving Dad’s old jalopy or a Porsche 911 Carrera, we have the experience to find you a policy that's right for you.
What’s more, our systems can crunch the numbers faster than you could hope to, so save yourself hours trawling the internet and save yourself some money, too.
A few examples of high performance cars we can insure:
We can insure most high performance and sports cars. Here's just a small selection of coupes, convertibles and hot hatches we can insure. Contact us with details of your make and model for a quote.
Jaguar F Type Coupe
BMW 2 Series
Audi A3 Cabriolet
Audi A4 Convertible
BMW 4 Series Convertible
Porsche 911 Cabriolet
Volkswagen Golf cabriolet
Audi TT Roadster
Ford Focus ST & RS
Ford Fiesta ST
Renault Clio RS 172 & 182
Seat Leon Cupra & FR
VW Golf GTI
Renault Megane RS
Why is sports car insurance so expensive?
It should come as no surprise that insuring a high-performance car isn’t as cheap as your average one. Here are the three main reasons why:
- Statistically more likely to be involved in an accident. This is only amplified when a young driver is behind the wheel and the premiums will reflect it. For this reason, some insurers won’t cover under 21s for this type of vehicle.
- Replacement parts and repairs are more expensive than a standard car, especially if it’s an imported sports car.
- Attracts the wrong kind of attention and has a greater chance of being targeted by thieves and vandals.
How to help make it more affordable
But it's not all bad news. In fact, there are several things you can do that may help to reduce the cost of your premium:
- Have a telematics (black box) device fitted to your vehicle
- If you are a new driver, consider taking part in the PassPlus scheme
- Store your car in a garage overnight to keep it out of sight of potential thieves and vandals
- Improve your car's security by fitting approved immobiliser and alarm
- If you only use it on weekends or during the summer think about limiting your mileage
- Increase your voluntary excess (but keep it realistic)
- Join an owner’s club as some insurers give a discount if you are a member